Job Description: Project Architect / Project Manager
Experience Level: 7+ Years
Kuth Ranieri Architects is a research-based design firm co-founded by Byron Kuth, FAIA, and Elizabeth Ranieri, FAIA, with offices in San Francisco, the Boston area and a team working remotely in Portland, Oregon. Their group of architects and cross-disciplinary designers has earned a national reputation for innovative works of architecture that integrate environmental awareness with contemporary approaches to design, technology, and craft.
We are currently searching for candidates who are interested in working on a variety of project types to join our vibrant studio culture, including public, educational, mixed-use and adaptive re-use projects, plus single family residential. We are seeking a project architect / project manager with 7+ years to be based either in the San Francisco office or to work remotely with the team in Portland. We are looking for an individual with strong leadership and management skills, as well as robust design and graphic sensibilities. See attached job description.
Candidates for this position should be professional, flexible, self-motivated, articulate, amiable, and able to work with and direct a larger team. California state licensure and LEED accreditation are preferred, but we are open to candidates that are on a pathway toward licensure and/or accreditation. An advanced degree in architecture is preferred.
The candidate should be experienced teaming on various complex project types as well as managing day-to-day operations within the context of a small office. Experience with projects in the State of California is preferred, and specifically within the municipal, educational, residential, and aviation sectors. Experience with business development, contracts, and marketing is a plus.
This position consists of the following core responsibilities but is not limited to them:
· Lead a design team, setting clear expectations and goals for project staff
· Manage and coordinate project consultants and maintain all project documentation
· Manage all phases of project delivery – Conceptual Design through Construction Administration and Programming
· Assist with proposals, RFPs and other marketing materials
· Perform project-related research
· Coordinate project permitting process with local agencies
· Document projects using Autocad and Revit (Revit is a MUST)
Successful candidates will possess:
· Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with Principals and team
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to work directly with clients and multiple stakeholders
· Strong verbal, graphic, and written communication skills
· Strong creative design and problem solving at multiple scales
· Familiarity with: Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, Bluebeam
· Willingness to work off-site with our JV partners
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000 – $95,000
Paid time off
Monday thru Friday
KR offers a flexible work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote work. Site visits and limited travel may be required depending on the project needs
Please direct resumes and portfolios to Silvia Stocco, Studio Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org